Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Windows Workstations provides centralized protection of workstations on a corporate network and beyond from all kinds of malware, potentially dangerous programs, network attacks and unwanted mail.
- Integrated protection
- Centralized administration
- NEW! Proactive technologies - heuristic analyzer
- NEW! Upgradeable anti-virus engine
- Secure electronic communication
- Safety online
- Protection from Hacker Attacks
- NEW! Control over removable devices
- Protection from phishing
Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Windows Workstations uses the newest technologies from Kaspersky Lab to protect workstations on corporate networks.
- Security for file systems. All files are scanned (for malicious content) when created, launched or modified. Any individual files, directories and disks (local and network) can also be scanned.
Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Windows Workstations benefits from a new anti-virus engine and a range of optimization technologies, ensuring the most efficient use of workstation resources and minimal impact on performance.
- NEW! New antivirus engine. The application is based on a completely new antivirus engine that dramatically increases system scanning speed, optimizes the use of system resources and has minimal impact on other programs.
- iSwift and iChecker. The first time on-demand scanning is launched all objects are automatically scanned. However, for subsequent scans iSwift and iChecker technologies limit scanning to new and modified files only. Additionally, when a user requests a file from the server, it is scanned only once, by the antivirus solution installed on the server.
- Resource management. During periods of increased user activity, the antivirus solution reduces its demand on system resources. Scanning continues in background mode, which does not impede the user's work with other applications.
- Compact updates. Smaller updates than ever before are achieved thanks to the new antivirus engine and dedicated technologies for incremental updating.
- Kaspersky Administration Kit provides centralized administration for Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Windows Workstations, enabling installation, configuration and updating of all Kaspersky Lab solutions on the network.
- Configuration options. The administrator can use the security policies and tasks in the program to configure protection parameters for groups of workstations or for individual workstations, launch antivirus scans, receive reports on events on the network, install license keys and update signature databases and program modules.
- Quarantine for infected and suspicious objects. Secure storage locations for infected and suspicious objects are contained in a centrally managed database. Objects and/or their copies stored in these local folders are not accessible to users, but the administrator can retrieve information from them.
- Notifications and reporting. A wide variety of reports are available, providing information on the program's status and performance. The system administrator receives notifications of certain types of events (such as the detection of a virus).
- Automatic updating. Updates to antivirus databases and application modules are available on demand or automatically according to a schedule. Updates can either be downloaded directly from Kaspersky Lab servers on the Internet or from local servers on the network.